Ship Ahoy question

Updated
Ship Ahoy question

what did Frank use to create this track?  I have owned a Subdecay Proteus for many years and it comes close but doesn't nail it.  Such a wonderful track from the Shut Up releases, by far my favorite from the trio.  It is such a guttural sound of guitar emotion. Beautiful- it has anger, reflection and playfulness all in one.

Also, was it recorded w/ the Les Paul?

Betty K.

This blog is good. It's a work of art! I'm glad I found this 

jacks w.

I have always admired the sound and the manner in which my father played against the rhythmic pulse of the VCF.

Alison A.

I’m happy by reading your enjoyable article, Keep uploading more interesting articles like this. Womens Bomber Jacket

jennifer b.

In fact this track is quite amazing which makes you feel good after listening to it and wearing this Florida Panthers Workwear Cotton Jacket so you should also watch it.

Charles T.

That track is indeed a testament to Frank's incredible artistry and ability to convey emotions through music. As for the specifics of how he created that sound, Frank was known for experimenting with various equipment and techniques, so it's not always easy to pinpoint the exact gear he used for a particular track without checking specific session notes or interviews from that time. If the Subdecay Proteus gets close, it might be a combination of that with other effects or post-production techniques. As for the guitar, Frank did have a penchant for using his Les Paul on many tracks, but without specific documentation, it's hard to confirm for this particular track. It's always fascinating to delve into the intricacies of his sound design and instrumentation choices!

Fred S.

nice

Byrd F.

My father used the sample and hold instrument from Oberheim. It was a white footswitch known as a voltage-controlled filter (VCF). He played a strat from a live performance in Tokyo. I have always admired the sound and the manner in which my father played against the rhythmic pulse of the VCF. gorilla tag

lee m.

The most fantastic word puzzle game is called contexto , and it challenges players to discover hidden keywords on a daily basis. You are free to start with any word, and contexto's algorithm will determine the degree to which that word is relevant to your secret keyword. 

Paul K.

I hope to see a finished piece of your work in the future.

Miomi Locis

I didn't used to heard this track

Joseph S.

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post. My Balance Now

Matt Picone

Hi Matthew J. Dweezil and I have recreated this sound very nicely using his Axe-Fx. Somewhere I have a video of him playing it and it is sublime! This would be high on the list of things for us to talk about if he and I decide to create some audio/video content together!

Matthew J.

Cool.  Unfortunately I use a different plug in platform for recording.  It’s such a unique sound.  Would love to hear/see it in action. 

Matthew J.

Thanks for the info.  I knew some of those tracks were taken from live performances but didn’t know that one was.  A few faces melted that evening for sure.  Any idea of what tune they were doing when he laid that one out?  Glad your feeling better DZ!

Dweezil

Hi Matthew,

My dad used a sample and hold pedal from Oberheim. It was a white pedal and was called a VCF (voltage controlled filter). It was a strat that he played and it was from a live show in Tokyo. I've always loved the sound and the way my dad played against the rhythmic pulse from the VCF.

Post to Thread