Famous Zappa covers

Updated
Famous Zappa covers

One of my favorite non-Frank versions of "Peaches en Regalia" was on the Dixie Dregs live album "California Screamin'" which Dweezil guested on.  There are not too many bands than can take on the task of covering Frank's repertoire but the Dregs were certainly worthy.  Another favorite of mine is Gov't Mule's instrumental version of "Pygmy Twylyte" which appeared on the bonus disc of "Live w/ a little help from Our Friends"  (Gov't Mule has also covered "Trouble Every Day" a few times live)

Others?

Mike S.

have a special FZ song performance memory but I have no tape/pics from it. It was from a Michael Hedges show, at the University of Nevada, Reno campus, at the Student Union Hall. 

Bluestacks 4 Omegle  

vidmateapp  can li mac izle

David McCain

I have a special FZ song performance memory but I have no tape/pics from it. It was from a Michael Hedges show, at the University of Nevada, Reno campus, at the Student Union Hall. It was Fall 1995, after a stunning two hour show, Michael came out for an encore and talked about his love of Frank's music. He then proceeded to play an acoustic version of " Sofa. " Not a dry eye in the house when he played the saxophone melody intro ( on harmonics!! ). After he finished, the entire audience stood up and gave him a five minute long standing ovation. To this very day, I've run into a few UNR graduates who also saw that very show and remember that moment. Incredible how FZ's music could translate like that on ONE acoustic guitar, 

Kate B. aka floss

Not famous as far as I know, but I found this a few months ago and I like very much

https://youtu.be/ILG53M37BwQ 

Gary F.

Too bad Accordian Rock hasn't done any covers because I think Frank would be tickled pink and would probably approve.

Gary F.

Fuse a string ensemble has done a couple of wonderful cover versions. Dweezil acrually was at the G Spot Tornado rendition and they were superb with Echidn'a 'Arf.

Kevin M.

I think my favorite might be Michael Hedges' version of Sofa.

Hedges was such a great musician and innovator, it's tragic more people don't know him.

Also, The Persuasions did an entire album of Zappa covers that should be considered essential listening for any Zappa fan!

Dweezil

Cree Summer "Dirty Love" is a really good one.

Matthew J.

I forgot about that one-I do remember that. She was on a sitcom at some point right?

Duane S.

She was on A Different World. love her singing voice,

load more replies (2 of 2)
Post to Thread